Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day Something: on the road to Oz

So we are about at the half-way mark. Thing have definitely slipped around the edges, but what I'm noticing is that my eating has really shifted noticeably - much much reduced carbs, much smaller dinners, much more veg, and gazillion times more eggs. And I'm now pinging around between 187 and 189 lbs. I always considered 189lbs a target weight, as that was my never-shifting weight when I was at university. So to be back there again and even a little below is kind of amazing.

I ended up skipping in a hotel corridor the other day in an effort to get some exercise in. My room was tiny, no gym in the building, and snowing outside. A couple of very odd looks from guests wandering by, but got 2 x 5 minutes skipping in. Not the whole thing, but a little something something which is important.

Really looking forward to the trip to Australia. My mum's 70th birthday, and time hanging out with my nieces and nephews (ages 3 to 7) with whom I'm striving to be an engaged and totally cool uncle. That, and it's easing into summer there, so two or so weeks of warm weather I hope.

3 comments:

  1. Stay strong on the road man, there's little harder than keeping to plan when you're in transit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skipping in public is great -- people give you the combo "what are you doing..?...wait, what am *I* the fat slob NOT doing...? I should join that guy skipping rope...damn, right after lunch, though...mm, buffalo wings..." look.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been eating FAR less lately. I don't even find myself hungry half the time anymore.

    ReplyDelete