Sunday, October 17, 2010

an espresso

not on the banned list (at least, not mine) and I make a really good espresso at home each day (none of this Starbucks bollocks I'm afraid, Ren) - grind my beans, draw my espresso.

But today, went to a new store that just got a really good write up in Toronto. Ordered a double espresso. Gave the woman a $5 tip on a $2.50 coffee, A. because I've never done something like that before and B. because it makes this Not Just Another Coffee.

And sat at my table, and savoured it - the pale swirls in the crema like Jen's incense, the dark taste that ebbs down and out, the white cup.

2 comments:

  1. I take no offense: the one thing I DON'T drink at Starbucks is the actual, caffeinated, coffee beverages! Tea, decaf, the occassional artery-busting frappucino or scone...but no espresso or cappucino or coffee.

    ReplyDelete